New Mexico Performance Excellence Awards
IMPROVING COMPETITIVENESS AND PERFORMANCE OF NEW MEXICO ORGANIZATIONS
Thre true benefit of the NMPEA is the work you do to earn recogntion - publicizing your acheivement is important too. We want the world to know about New Mexico organizations working toward and achieving 'best-in-class' and 'role model' status.
What's the New Mexico Performance Excellence Awards?
The New Mexico Performance Excellence Awards (NMPEA) is 4-tiered program providing organizations with formal feedback and public recognition at various stages of performance. Organizations cannot be nominated for recognition - they must 'earn' the level of recogntion based on 'performance' as determined, but not limited to, a completed 'self-assessment' using the Baldrige Criteria for Performance Excellence.
Conducting a self-assessment provides immediate insight to strengths, gaps, and opportunities for improvement (OFIs). It answers the questions 'how are we doing' - how do we know'. Submitting the self-asessment (known as 'Application') to QNM through the NMPEA program provides third party review by a team of Examiners, a Site Visit to better understand the organization, a written Feedback Report on strengths and OFIs, and an Executive Briefing with the team.
- Level 1 Adobe - building the foundation (can be requested throughout the year)
- Level 2 Piñon Commitment to Performance Excellence (must be submitted during the awards cycle - see schedule)
- Level 3 Roadrunner Progress toward Performance Excellence (must be submitted during the awards cycle - see schedule)
- Level 4 Zia Award Achievement of Performance Excellence (must be submitted during the awards cycle - see schedule)
The self-assessment and formal Feedback Report are based on the Framework and 7 categories of the Baldrige Criteria for Performance Excellence:
- Strategic Planning
- Customer Focus
- Measurement, Analysis and Knowledge Management
- Workforce Focus
- Operations Focus