Get Started: New Mexico Performance Excellence Awards
Join the growing list of New Mexico organizations who have achieved economic competitiveness, improved patient outcomes, higher student achievement, government and non-profits with responsive and effective services; with their commitment to a state of excellence.
What are the New Mexico Performance Excellence Awards?
The New Mexico Performance Excellence Awards, modeled after the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, recognizes businesses and other organizations that are in various stages of their "Performance Excellence Journey." The three levels of the New Mexico Performance Excellence Awards are:
- Level 2 Piñon Recognition
(Commitment to Performance Excellence)
- Level 3 Roadrunner Recognition
(Progress toward Performance Excellence)
- Level 4 Zia Award for Performance Excellence
We also have a "pre-NMPEA", the Adobe Assessment Level 1, which provides valuable feedback on your organization's "profile" (including your key organizational characteristics and your key organizational challenges). For additional information on the Adobe Assessment, please contact Retha Shiplet at retha(at)quality-newmexico.org.
In addition to recognition, the value of participating in this process is through the Feedback Report that identifies the key strengths and opportunities for improvement based on the seven Categories of the Baldrige Criteria for Performance Excellence:
- Strategic Planning
- Customer Focus (students for education and patients for health care)
- Measurement, Analysis and Knowledge Management
- Workforce Focus
- Operations Focus
Value of participating in the Performance Excellence Awards program
Gaining a competitive edge to ensure survival, prosperity, and sustainability are primary goals of organizations that commit to the pursuit of performance excellence. As a participant in the New Mexico Performance Excellence Awards program, you can expect to receive many benefits, some of which are listed below. You will:
- Accelerate your ability to improve your products, services, internal processes, and your organization's capabilities
- Improve your ability to analyze your quality processes using your feedback report that identifies strengths as well as opportunities for improvement
- Increase customer engagement and loyalty by providing greater value and demonstrating your commitment to excellence
- Develop a foundation for supplier certification and for an eventual application for the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award
- Receive public recognition for demonstrated efforts and achievements at our annual Quality New Mexico Conference and New Mexico Performance Excellence Awards Ceremony